Pakistan Dental Community

Members Login
    Remember Me  


Status: Offline
Posts: 6

Saudi License Exam (SLE):


Note: The following article is based on my “personal” experiences and knowledge that I have gained in recent time.

The Saudi License Exam is a prerequisite required to obtain the practicing license for dentistry in theKingdom ofSaudi Arabia, without which a person is legally bond to practice dentistry in KSA.


First of all, we need to understand the license exam and the license are two different things; however you need to clear the license exam test in order to be eligible to apply for the license and certificate from the Saudi Commission for Health Specialty. You will also be preferred if you have already cleared the license exam. It roughly costs around 100$ ( (


The important things to note here is if you are not a Saudi born or haven’t completed your high school in the Kingdom, you are required to complete the two years experience requirement. You can give the license exam test inPakistan but you will not be able to obtain the Saudi license until you have two years experience and most importantly a job contract. Yes! You need to have a job contract and letter of employment in hand to get your degree attested from the Saudi Cultural Attaché and Saudi Consulate inPakistan, without which you will not be able to obtain the license. However the attestations would be described later on in detail. When you reachSaudi Arabia, you would be required to buy 3 year malpractice insurance and would need to undergo a Basic Life Support Course (which is usually sponsored by your employers).


All in all the steps to practice in Saudi Arabiaare below:

1) Complete two years experience inPakistan

2) Find a job; either through agencies in Pakistan, personal contacts in KSA or recruitment websites. The most widely used website in KSA are and

3) Get your degree and house job certificate attested in the following manner:


a)      Degree


Ministry of Foreign Affairs, Ministry of Health, Higher Education Commission (HEC), Saudi Cultural Attaché and Saudi Consulate inPakistan.


b)      House job


Ministry of Foreign Affairs, Ministry of Health, Saudi Consulate.


4) Obtain Basic Life Support (BLS) certificate, ONLY fromSaudi Arabia.


5) Be sure your employer has covered you for malpractice at least for 3 years.

Page 1 of 1  sorted by
Quick Reply

Please log in to post quick replies.

Create your own FREE Forum
Report Abuse
Powered by ActiveBoard